Draft day is the most important time for your fantasy team. I ask all team owners to make an honest effort to be prepared on draft day. The following information is the draft instructions for each keeper league draft (Baseball and Football). If you are having a draft in the near future, please read this page in its entirety as you will need to be aware of all topics listed in here. You also have the option of printing this page also.
IMPORTANT INFO TO REMEMBER DURING THE DRAFT:
Before we get into the draft itself there are 9 very important things you will need to do during the draft to ensure that none of your picks get skipped and you get the players you want:
- ALWAYS KEEP AT LEAST ONE PLAYER IN THE DRAFT QUEUE: Even if you show up for the draft, its important to do this because you could get locked out at any time during the draft and it may even be during your time to pick. If you have a player in queue and you get locked out, there is a better chance that you will still get the player you want than if you left it empty.
- REFRESH THE SCREEN (AND KNOW HOW TO DO IT): The screen should refresh after every pick, but it is not a 100% guarantee. There may be a time when the countdown clock is stuck at zero. If this should happen, simply click on the refresh button to refresh the page. There are other options you can use depending on what you are using. For instance, if you are using a PC, right click your mouse anywhere in the draft room, then click "refresh" or push the <F5> button on your keyboard.
- MAKE SURE YOU CAN MAKE A PICK ON YOUR OWN: All team owners should know how to make a pick on their own before the draft starts. If you are unsure, contact the commish to help you out. DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE DRAFT TO ADDRESS THIS. IT WILL BE TOO LATE (Its better to get clarification before the draft starts, then holding up the draft.) The old adage "there are no dumb questions" applies here so don't be afraid to ask.
- BE AWARE OF WHEN YOUR NEXT PICK IS: Don't miss a pick from being unaware of when it is your turn. You never know how fast the person/people drafting ahead of you will be. Remember, someone on autopilot will have their pick made immediately for them, which gives you less time, so be prepared for that possibility.
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO PICK WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN: If your time runs out, you may receive a player you don't want. Also, like in #4 above, you never know how fast the person/people drafting ahead will be.
- MISSED PICKS PUT ON AUTOPILOT: In an effort to keep the draft moving, the draft room is set up that if you miss a pick, your team will be immediately placed on autopilot for your next pick until it is shut off again. If you are still in the draft room and you have a pick skipped, please be aware of this and turn it off before your next pick.
- TRY TO DRAFT ON A COMPUTER AND PREFERABLY A NEWER MODEL: This will prevent problems with a computer being too slow to keep up with the draft. (If you absolutely can't draft on faster computer and your computer is slow, arrange a backup plan with the commish where you can communicate your pick to him and he can make the pick for you). It is not recommended drafting on a tablet or cellphone.
- PARTICIPATE IN A MOCK DRAFT: Especially if you are a new team owner and haven't used the draft room before. Be familiar with the draft room and how to use it before the draft begins. This prevents missed picks and making errors picking players. The commish CANNOT stop the draft and provide instructions on draft day. To participate in a mock draft, click here for a list of drafts available
- HAVE A BACKUP PLAN IN PLACE TO MAKE YOUR PICK IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG: The draft room software is pretty reliable, but there is always a chance it is not perfect, so please do not rely on it 100%. If you wish to discuss with the commish a backup plan prior to your draft, you are welcome to do that. Just don't wait until draft day to do this. It may be too late.
*******The league commish is available to help with anyone who asks for it. PLEASE MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES TO GET THEM RESOLVED BEFORE THE DRAFT. Once the draft starts, unless it’s a Fantrax issue and/or affects everyone in the league, the commissioner cannot hold up the draft.
The draft will be conducted all in one day using the following format:
1st ROUND ONLY: Each team will have 2 minutes to make their pick. This is longer than normal, but will be for the first round only, and is to ensure that all team owners can make a pick on their own. If there happens to be a minor issue during this round, it can be resolved in a timely manner. (This is for minor issues only. Read “Important Info To Remember During The Draft” section above for clarification).
2nd ROUND UNTIL THE END OF THE DRAFT: Each team with have 90 seconds to make their pick. This will continue until the draft is complete. After Round 1, the draft will be temporarily stopped for a few seconds to reset the picks clock to 90 seconds.
TO ACCESS THE DRAFT ROOM: Roll your mouse over "For Owners", then click on "Live Draft Room" on the dropdown menu at the top of any page in your league. If you aren't familiar with how to navigate the draft room, Mock Drafts can help sort this out for you.
CHAT AREA IN DRAFT ROOM:
On draft day, please be in the Draft Room at least a few minutes before the draft so you are ready to go when the draft starts.
DRAFT ROOM BEHAVIOR: Recent seasons we have not had a problem with this, however we have had some incidents in the past, so a zero tolerance policy has been put in place with regards to behavior in the chat area of the draft room. If you use the chat area of the draft room, please be respectful of one another during the draft so that a good time is had by all.
NOT ABLE TO MAKE THE DRAFT:
If you are unable to make the draft, select one of the following options and let the commish know:
- Set your draft rankings list on the "My Draft List" page and "My Draft Preferences: pages:
This list is for manually setting up player rankings for your draft. More info and a guide for using this page will be provided at the beginning of the preseason
- Set up "My Work List" in the draft room:
This is also know as the draft queue. It is used for when team owners will be away temporarily from the draft room. More info and a guide for using this page will be provided at the beginning of the preseason.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS:
If you have any additional questions after reading this page, please contact the commish well in advance of the draft so your issue can get sorted out before the draft. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL IN THEIR DRAFTS!!!