Draft day is the most important time for your fantasy team. Prime Fantasy Sports asks all team owners to make an honest effort to be prepared on draft day. The following information is the draft instructions for each keeper league draft at Prime Fantasy Sports (Baseball and Football). If you are having a draft in the near future, please read this page in its entirety as you will need to be aware of all topics listed in here. You also have the option of printing this page also.
If you aren't familiar with how to navigate the draft room, click on "Draft" at the top of the page, which will take you to "Draft Central". Then, click on the blue tab below the Draft Central title that says "Draft Room Guide" This page breaks down each section of the draft room.
IMPORTANT INFO TO REMEMBER DURING THE DRAFT:
Before we get into the draft itself there are 8 very important things you will need to do during the draft to ensure that none of your picks get skipped and you get the players you want:
- ALWAYS KEEP AT LEAST ONE PLAYER IN THE DRAFT QUEUE: Even if you show up for the draft, its important to do this because you could get locked out at any time during the draft and it may even be during your time to pick. If you have a player in queue and you get locked out, there is a better chance that you will still get the player you want than if you left it empty.
- REFRESH THE SCREEN: The screen should refresh after every pick, but it is not a guarantee. Refresh the screen to ensure that you are current and also anytime the countdown clock is stuck at zero. To refresh the screen, in the draft room, right click your mouse, the click "refresh" or push the <F5> button on your keyboard.
- MAKE SURE YOU CAN MAKE A PICK ON YOUR OWN: All team owners should know how to make a pick on their own before the draft starts. If you are unsure, get in touch with another team owner or the commish to help you out. DON’T WAIT FOR THE DRAFT TO ADDRESS THIS. IT WILL BE TOO LATE (Its better to get clarification before the draft starts, then holding up the draft.) The old adage "there are no dumb questions" applies here so don't be afraid to ask.
- BE AWARE OF WHEN YOUR NEXT PICK IS: Don't miss a pick from being unaware of when it is your turn. You never know how fast the person/people drafting ahead of you will be. Remember, someone on autopilot will have their pick made immediately for them, which gives you less time, so be prepared for that possibility.
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO PICK WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN: If your time runs out, you may receive a player you don't want. Also, like in #4 above, you never know how fast the person/people drafting ahead will be.
- TRY TO DRAFT ON A NEWER COMPUTER: This will prevent problems with a computer being too slow to keep up with the draft. (If you absolutely can't draft on faster computer and your computer is slow, arrange a backup plan with the commish where you can communicate your pick to him and he can make the pick for you.) It is not recommended to draft on a tablet or cellphone.
- PARTICIPATE IN A CBS MOCK DRAFT: Especially if you are a new team owner and haven't used CBS before. Be familiar with the draft room and how to use it before the draft begins. This prevents missed picks and making errors picking players. The commish CANNOT stop the draft and provide instructions on draft day.
- HAVE A BACKUP PLAN IN PLACE TO MAKE YOUR PICK IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG: CBS is pretty reliable, but not always perfect, so please do not rely on it 100%. If you wish to discuss with the commish a backup plan prior to your draft, you are welcome to do that. Just don't wait until draft day to do this. It may be too late.
*******The league commish is available to help with anyone who asks for it. PLEASE MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES TO GET THEM RESOLVED BEFORE THE DRAFT. Once the draft starts, unless it’s a CBS issue and/or affects everyone in the league, the commissioner cannot hold up the draft.
The draft will be conducted all in one day using the following format:
1st ROUND ONLY: Each team will have 2 minutes to make their pick. This is longer than normal, but will be for the first round only, and is to ensure that all team owners can make a pick on their own. If there happens to be a minor issue during this round, it can be resolved in a timely manner. (This is for minor issues only. Read “Important Info To Remember During The Draft” section above for clarification).
After Round 1, the draft will be temporarily stopped for a few seconds to reset the picks clock to 90 seconds
2nd ROUND UNTIL THE END OF THE DRAFT: Each team with have 90 seconds to make their pick. This will continue until the draft is complete.
TO ACCESS THE DRAFT ROOM: Roll your mouse over "Draft" at the top of the page and click on "Draft Room"
CHAT AREA IN DRAFT ROOM:
On draft day, please be in the Draft Room at least a few minutes before the draft so you are ready to go when the draft starts.
DRAFT ROOM BEHAVIOR: Recent seasons we have not had a problem with this, however we have had some incidents in the past, so a zero tolerance policy has been put in place with regards to behavior in the chat area of the draft room. Please be respectful of one another during the draft so that a good time is had by all.
NOT ABLE TO MAKE THE DRAFT:
If you are unable to make the draft, select one of the following options and let the commish know:
- Set the queue on your draft page: Drag and drop players into your queue once you get into the draft room.
- Set the player rankings according to your draft preference in the draft room: Choose "Customize Player Rankings under "Pre Draft Tasks" in the Draft Central page.
- Email 2 seperate lists to the league commish:
List 1.) Create a list for each position ranking the players at each position highest to lowest ranked.
List 1 Example:
List 2.) Create another list that indicates which position should be drafted in each round.
List 2 Example:
Rd 1: P
Rd 2: SS
Rd 3: OF
List 1 should have enough players to cover the number of picks for the entire draft.
The commish will take the position chosen for that particular pick (List 2) and draft your highest ranked player available from your player list (List 1). If the player list runs out before your roster is full, the remaining picks will be made automatically by CBS for you using the CBS player rankings list regardless of injury or position, so make sure you have enough players to cover the whole draft.
CBS does a good job of keeping all draft information in one centralized location. To get to Draft Central, click on "Draft" at the top of the page from anywhere in your CBS league. The Draft Central page gives you a bunch of information to help you with your draft. It also has a "Draft Research" page that you can click on as well. There are also some apps, but these are optional only and you do not have to pay for these if you do not wish to.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS:
If you have any additional questions after reading this page, please contact the commish well in advance of the draft so your issue can get sorted out before the draft. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL IN THEIR DRAFTS!!!